Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mallory's first sick visit

Just 3 days after M started daycare, she came down with her first respiratory infection. I had picked her up on Wednesday and they told me she had been coughing a lot during the day. She coughed some Wednesday night and on Thursday morning her breathing was bothering me a bit. It wasn't that she was struggling to breathe, but she was just breathing kinda quickly; when it was still quick throughout her nap, I decided it was time to call the doctor. He said he would like to see her, so we trekked to Shady Grove late in the afternoon.



I'm glad I called and took her in because he immediately put her on a nebulizer (so cute, it's a doggie neb) and steriods to help with the inflammation. It was amazing to see how quickly she perked up in the middle of her neb treatment. I had to give her treatments the next few days, but she's been fine since. By the end of the few days, she was actually holding the mask up to her face for me, not bothered by it at all (watching Mickey Mouse helps her sit still too). I have a couple of extra packets of the neb medicine in case she gets like this again. Here's hoping we don't have any more recurrances.

No comments:

Post a Comment