Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hands-On House




Well Mallory and I had plans of getting to Hersheypark one more time this summer, but all the rain the last few day derailed that plan, as Hersheypark was closed for the whole weekend. So I took to my favorite site, Google, and searched for what we could do instead. Hands-On House in Lancaster was on the top of the list.



A family friend had recently posted pictures of her little one there and it looked like a lot of fun, so last Sunday Mallory and I met Matt for lunch and then went to Hands-On House. Mallory had a blast! She played in the coal yard for quite sometime, picked ears of corn, played with a giant "Lite-Brite" (mommy's favorite) went grocery shopping (she kept picking up the pinapple for some reason) played with farm animals, played in the machine workshop, she even let me paint a heart on her cheek (that is about the limit of my artistic abilities), though I do believe her favorite part was the tractor. She kept running back to the tractor any change she got.



They had an outside section as well with a garden, house, boat, sandbox and sliding board. And that was the steeping sliding board I have ever seen. Matt tried to hold her and get her as far down the slide as he could before he let her go, but she stil zoomed down the slide so fast. She wasn't scared at all and would just laugh and laugh after she was down.



I would say the only downside to the day was that Matt brainwashed Mallory and now she is only cheering "Go Eagles!"






No comments:

Post a Comment